Craft Activities > Kids
When you find an odd sock at home, you can make into a “sock snake”. You
can help your children in doing it and its useful in their imaginative
play, it might even become their most favorite friend.
What you need:
- a scrap paper to tear
- an old long sock
- strong glue
- a coloured paper or stickers for the face
What to do:
- Have your children tear some old newspaper or scrap paper into small
pieces. This will be use for the filling and it’s also a good fine-motor
activity to strengthen your children’s finger muscles.
- Then, have you children fill their “snake” with torn papers and let them
push the papers down to the toe of the sock.
- Your children can chose to use sticker to make a snake’s face or they
can also use paper cut outs. They can also add some stripes and spots to
add interest in their sock snake.
- Now, you and your children can now think of a funny name for the snake,
perhaps “socks” or “snakey”!