Craft Activities > Kids
A twig frame has a country look, very popular, easy and fun activity for
you and your children.
What you need:
- a cardboard box
- ruler and pencil
- twigs of
- colour and texture
- wood glue
What to do:
- Let your children help you in cutting out the bottom of the cardboard
- Decide what size they want and measure out a rectangle or square shape
for the back of the
- Make a cut out of two the same sizes.
- On one of the cardboard, cutout the middle and glue it on top of the
other, leave the top part
unglued. The unglued top part will be the space where you slide your
photo or picture into the
- Help your children cut the twigs in different sizes and let them glue
the twigs onto the frame.
- To add more interest on the activity by letting your children choose a
variety of textures and
colours in their twigs.
- When the twigs dries up, help your children in cutting a triangle shape
from the strong
- Create a fold on the long side of the triangle and glue it onto the back
of the twig frame. This will
serve as a stand.
- If your children decide to hang it, screw two tiny cup hooks and tie a
fine string or use a fishing line between them to hang the frame.